|The Rules and How it Works:|
1. First and most important you need to join the community.
2. You need to make a claim before you can get posting access. Anything you claim must be related to the X-Men universe. (Characters, Movies, Cartoon, Comic Books) Before making a claim be sure to check the Waiting List first.
3. If your subject is already taken make a post on the Waiting List and once it's available we'll let you know and you can have it.
4. You can claim either 100 icons or 50 icons (one or the other your choice) out of your subject. (character/cartoon/movie/season/pairing)
5. Please keep your icons in usual LJ standards (no more than 100x100 and 40kb).
6. Each subject may only be claimed by one person at any given time. You are allowed 12 weeks to complete 100 icons and 6 weeks for 50 icons of your claim. You can, of course, finish them sooner. This is done so that one person isn't just hogging a subject all the time without making the icons. To prevent "fake claims", you must post at least your first batch within the first 2 weeks of claiming a subject.
7. All 100/50 icons must contain your subject in them. Your icon can include other characters as long as your subject is in the icon as well. Please remember that your subject should be the focus of the icons.
8. Its not nessecary to post all of your icons in one shot. You can post them in several batches, however, each batch must have 10 or more icons in it.
9. Please put your icons behind a cut (yes even fake cuts) You are allowed to preview up to 3 icons outside of the cut.
10. Only use new icons for this challenge. There is no point and isn't as much fun if you just use out old icons you have of your subject and post them as part of your 100 icons. Icon makers of all levels are welcome but please put effort into your icons. Please, also be sure not to use any icons by somebody else.
11. Out of the 100 or 50 icons you make, the challenge is to make half of them following the provided set of themes listed below. The themes open to interpretation. You can use them as the text on your icon or you can use it purely as an abstract interpretation. So basically, 50/25 of your icons are free choice, meaning you can do whatever you like with it as long as it pertains to your subject. And the other 50/25 has to follow the themes to make it a bit more challenging.
Note: You don't have to make your icons in the order of the themes. You can make them in any order but each theme can only be used once. So that means don't make 5 icons of one theme and then skip some of the other themes entirely.
12. Once your finished your claim let us know over at the School Archive that you've completed it. You'll get a banner to show off your accomplishment and your subject will be up for grabs again.
13. When posting your icons to the community, please do it in this format:
Subject: (Your claim subject)
Batch: (The number your batch is, example : #1 20/100)
Themes: (The names and numbers of the theme icons)
Extra Notes: (Anything extra like rules and credits for example)
14. Do not include any banners you've made for your claim outside of a cut. Do not disable comments. Disabling comments disables the ability to place your post into the memories for the community.
15. All crossed-post entries must be made public for all to see.
If you have anymore questions take a look at the Community FAQ. All questions should be directed to that page as well.